10 February, 2014

A New Beginning

Its a new year for me. It is my second year in the NOVA area and I'm starting off the year with a new job. I am beginning to learn my way around the area and I have gotten a grasp on how the seasons behave, (like a teenager on a rampage or a toddler with a temper tantrum). I don't really do new year's resolutions but this year I would like to do a really grand(ish) garden and I want to take this year to get my body into a healthy and happy place. For me, these two goals tend to go hand in hand.
My first step toward achieving these goals was ordering a seed catalog from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, (rareseeds.com) and I am so very excited! I plan to do some more research on non-gmo seeds but that is what I am going to stick to for this year. That and heirloom varieties. I want to see if there is a difference between what I would normally buy in the store. The rest of tonight will be going over the catalog and picking out what I intend to grow. I still have some herbs left over from last year as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment