This is my Christmas present from this past year. I have never grown an Amaryllis and had no idea how many different types there are. I am still trying to figure out what mine is and I will update when I do know. This guy shot right up as soon as I stuck him in the dirt. I have enjoyed watching him grow.
planted on 3 January and ten days later I had a shoot that was about 4 inches tall.this is 21 January, already a foot tall!
.jpg)

four blooms on the first stalk, perfectly symmetrical :)
I just love the coloring. the second stalk is now starting to show color and will be even taller than the first. It is about to explode blooms soon.
















i loooove amaryllis!! i had a good bunch in my garden in Mexico, once upon a time! lol! we had reds and oranges and polka dotty one... i miss them, they were gorgeous! yours are amazing! have thought to re-pot them into a bigger planter?
ReplyDeleteI need to learn a bit more about how to get the bulbs to produce again, I want bigger leaves the next time around. But yes, I do intend to get a bigger planter for this one. I had no idea that it would get so darned big!
ReplyDelete